Lantra - NPTC/City & Guilds Chainsaw Maintenance, Operation, Cross Cutting and Felling of Small Trees 2003/2004
Course level:NPTC/ City & Guilds - Advanced
- Routine maintenance
- Operational techniques
- Felling up to 380mm (15 Inches)
- Manual stacking & snedding
NPTC Assessments are held on a separate day from the training course. It should be noted that your suitability for assessment is at the discretion of the instructor and it may be necessary for candidates to obtain additional training/experience.
- The first session of the course is workshop based thereafter the course will be run in the woodland, you will be directed there from the workshops.
- Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment, instruction book and felling tools if available.
- Please bring lunch and beverages
- Please bring 1 passport sized photograph or your NPTC ID card if you already have one.
- Chainsaw, protective clothing and safety equipment hire can be arranged through the centre office at a charge of £5 each per day. This can be organised on the first day of the course, but please let the centre know if you will be hiring equipment ahead of time.
MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHAINSAW GUIDE BAR LENGTH FOR THIS COURSE IS 380mm (15")