NPTC Chainsaw Update, Felling of Small Trees (Lantra to NPTC)
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Branch removal - snedding and de-limbing
- Cross-cutting felled timber
- Take down hung-up trees using hand tools
- Clear site and chainsaw checks
Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment, instruction book and felling tools if available. If you require a chainsaw or protective clothing, hire can be arranged through the Centre Office.
Bring lunch, beverages and 1 passport sized photographs or your ID card if you already have one.
If you need to hire a chainsaw or safety equipment, a charge of £5 each per day. This can be organised on the first day of the course, but please let the Centre know if you will be hiring equipment.
MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHAINSAW GUIDE BAR LENGTH FOR THIS COURSE IS 380mm (15")