Tractor Driving 13 - 15 year olds
An introductory course for young people between 13 and 15 years old, giving you the confidence to handle the tractor, attach trailers and drive with them. Other subjects covered are safety and daily maintenance. Our Tractor Driving For 13 to 15 Year Olds training and assessment course has experienced instructors who will guide you through the training to make sure that you are able to use the tractor safely and with confidence, and that the key fundamentals of driving, loading and Health and Safety are covered. The course is based on the most recent Health and Safety Executive Tractor Action safety guidance. N.B. All training of young people should be within the guidance of the ACOP 'Preventing accidents to children in Agriculture’. Under the full ACOP guidelines young people should not be trained to use most PTO driven machinery or operator lifting equipment, therefore the session on PTO’s and tractor mounted loaders should not be included in a course involving 13-15 year old trainees.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Mount and dismount safely
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation
- Understand the function of all controls
- Understand the hazards associated with using controls
- Understand the reasons for daily checks
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave the tractor in a safe state
- Understand reasons for daily checks
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a mounted implement
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a trailed implement
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state
- Health and safety legislation
- Pre-start checks
- Operation the tractor
- Mounted implements
- Trailed machines
Please note the following details:
- Bring a pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
- Wear suitable clothing for outside activities, protective footwear and gloves (if possible).
- Bring lunch and beverages.
Course Assessment Method
At the end of the course you will be awarded a Lantra certificate of attendance
Cost and extras£260.00
29 Jul 2019 to 30 Jul 2019
9:30am - 4:30pm
Rural Innovation Centre
Available places: 4