Trailer Training - B & E
USEFUL COURSE NOTES:
• Apply trailer brake
• Disconnect lighting plug and breakaway cable
• Lower jockey wheel and remove trailer from vehicle
• Say you would remove number plate
• Check trailer brake is on
• Carry out checks on trailer (tyres, nuts, lenses etc)
• Check drawbar height & alignment
• Reverse to tow ball SLOWLY!
• Attach breakaway cable and lighting plug
• Attach coupling to vehicle
• Check secure coupling (raise jockey wheel)
• Raise jockey wheel & secure “R” clip
• Ask examiner for light check and say you are attaching number plate
REMINDER - Please ensure you have your driving licence with you.