Emmott Foundation Scholarships
This scholarship is provided to the University by the Emmott Foundation each year for academically-able undergraduate students whose parents or supporters have faced an unexpected family, a medical or economic crisis which would otherwise prevent them from commencing studies at the RAU.
About the scholarship
The award is worth £3,000 per annum for each year of study at the RAU, up to a maximum of three years paid in three termly instalments.
How do I apply?
You need to apply by using the online application form, together with supporting evidence. Please download and ask your referee to complete the Scholarship reference form; the referee should be your most recent school/university tutor or employer. We do not accept references from family members. Please note Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a satisfactory reference. Additional information may be requested at a later date.
Deadline for applications
Applications and all supporting information must be received by the University by the 31st May 2018. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, whether successful or unsuccessful, once a decision has been made and no later than the 31st August 2018.
Criteria for award continuation
Students in receipt of this award must pass each year of study at their first attempt and provide a brief report to the Foundation on their academic and other achievements during the previous year by the 30th June each year. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the award for subsequent years.
Terms and Conditions
- Those studying on a part-time basis will be awarded a pro rata percentage of the £3,000 divided between the numbers of years of study.
- This scholarship is available to UK students only.
- Successful applicants will be expected to write a brief report (no more than 2 sides of A4) for the Trustees of The Emmott Foundation, to be submitted via the University, by the 30th June each year.
- Only one RAU-managed scholarship can be held at any one time
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice.
For further information, please email: email@example.com.