Wine Study Tour
- Module code
- Module leader
- Rita Walsh
- Module level
- Module credits
- Min study time
- 75 hours
- Contact Hrs within study time
- 40 hours
- Teaching period
- Easter vacation
The students will travel to another country and undertake a series of visits to examine the wine industry of that country. The visits will vary depending on which country is visited but they will span the different types of wine businesses, from vineyards to consumer, and include meetings with business advisors, business leaders and producers at all levels. Discussion of current marketing trends, limitations and opportunities. Collection of data and statistical information.
To achieve credit for this module, students must be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and a critical understanding of the wine industry in the area visited.
- Identify problem areas and recommend solutions encountered on the study visit.
- Demonstrate creativity and independence of thought in the production of the study tour report.
|Coursework||1 x Essay - 3000 words||100%|
Students should be familiar with the content of at least one of the following:
- Anderson, K. (2004) The World’s Wine Markets: Globalization at Work. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hall, C. and Mitchell, R. (2008) Wine Marketing: A Practical Guide. Butterworth Heinemann.
- Harpers. (2008). Harper Wine and Spirit Directory 2007. Nexus Business.
- Spahni, P. (2000) The International Wine Trade. (2nd edition). Woodhead Publishing.
- Wagner, P. (2007) Wine Marketing and Sales, Success Stories for a Saturated Market. Wine Appreciation Guild.