“Innovation has been at the heart of my success with Tyrell’s Crisps and Chase Distillery. The excitement of building a business from an initial spark of an idea to a profitable entity is what drives me. I fully support the RAU’s Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Programme. If I had my time again I would probably be on it myself!”, Founder of Chase Distillery and Grand Idea speaker
RAU Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Programme (EEP)
'The Enterprise Programme is ready to champion you every step of the way'.
The RAU Enterprise and Entrepreneurship Programme (EEP) provides a robust and supportive programme for all students - from embryo of an idea through to the launch of a fully tried and tested business - and beyond.
- Do you have the seed of a concept for creating your own business? Even if you don't, but want to develop a business concept, we can help you to crystallise your ideas through our 'Think It' support programme.
- Once you have outlined and through your business idea we can empower you to 'Try It' and test your concept to prove that it works.
- Then, after you have demonstrated that your idea 'has legs' and are ready to take that final step your business mentor will support you in helping to write and develop your business plan in time for you to 'Launch It'.
We have a team of experts on hand that includes lawyers, accountants, and marketing professionals who are ready to guide and champion you throughout your entrepreneurial journey. You will also be invited to enter our Grand Idea Competition and pitch your idea and business plan to our panel of expert judges.
1 in 10 graduates starts their own business or work for themselves (DEH 2015/16)
- Once your business is up and running, we understand that the support you need will be different, so it is at this point that we endeavour to tailor-make the level of support that we offer you and your business so that you can 'Grow It'. Whether that is one to one mentoring, expert advice or access to workshops and inspirational guest lecturer, we aim to keep you up-to-date with funding opportunities and potential trading prospects as they arise.
Mentors and advisors
Trent Lodge Enterprise Centre
Trent Lodge Enterprise Centre provides a backdrop of professional hot-desk and meeting space, enabling you to develop your business from the outset.
Desks and a meeting space, as well as a trading address for your busienss. You can also take advantage of the expert meetings and workshops which take place here.
RAU Enterprise Society, leading by example
An exceptional range of craft beer and cider from the heart of the Cotswolds.
Muddy Wellies is a drinks brand started by the Enterprise Society at the Royal Agricultural University in 2007 with the prime objective of helping others to start their own businesses. The business has continued to grow and is currently run externally under license. However, a percentage of the revenue from every bottle of Muddy Wellies sold is donated to the RAU's Enterprise Programme in order to help create the next generation of budding entrepreneurs. In short, Muddy Wellies helps entrepreneurial students of today "give it some welly!"
- Runner up, The Guardian University Awards 2016 in the Entrepreneurship category
- Finalist NACUE Student Entrepreneur of the Year 2016 (National Association of College and University Entrepreneurs)
- Winner Cirencester Business Awards 2016 - Business Innovation of the Year
- Winner NUS Green Impact Scheme 2016 - in both the Innovation and Community Engagement categories
- Finalist Duke of York Award for University Entrepreneurship at the Lloyds Bank National Awards 2016
- Winner Green Gown Awards - Entrepreneurship and Employability category
Meda featured in:
- BBC Radio Four Farming Today
- BBC Countryfile
- BBC Radio Gloucestershire
- National and local press