This award has been created by the family of Walter Smith to provide additional support to a mature student (over 21 years of age) who has experienced extreme hardship.
About the scholarship
- The award is worth £2,000 per annum for each year of full-time study at the RAU, up to a maximum of three years
- Part-time scholars will be awarded a pro rata percentage of the £2,000 divided between the numbers of years of study
- Paid in three instalments in Autumn, Spring and Summer
Applicants must be able to evidence the following in their application:
- Available to mature students over 21 years of age at the start of their studies
- Have a household income below £25,000
- Studying a Real Estate or Land Management course
- Demonstrate a passion for real estate/land management
- Demonstrate leadership potential
How do I apply?
- 2024-2025 scholarships and bursaries will open for application from February 2024
- Ask your referee to complete the online reference form or print and complete a PDF version of the reference form
- Please note that the referee should be your most recent school/university tutor or employer
- We are unable to accept references from family members
- Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a satisfactory reference
Deadline for applications
Applications for 2023 have now closed.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, once a decision has been made and no later than mid September 2023.
Criteria for award continuation
- Students in receipt of this award must pass each year of study at their first attempt
- Successful applicants may be contacted by the Development Office for information to share with the donors of this scholarship
- Failure to comply with the above will result in the removal of the award for subsequent years
Terms and conditions
- Only one RAU-managed scholarship can be held at any one time
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee is based on the information provided on the application form and in the supporting references. The decision of the Committee is final
For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.