Sir Emrys Jones Memorial Trust Scholarship
These scholarships are available to Postgraduate students who wish to study at the Royal Agricultural University who are qualified for their selected programme.
About the scholarship
These scholarships are available only for study at the Royal Agricultural University to students who are qualified for their selected programme and who fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Have one or more parent or grandparent who is Welsh.
- Live or have lived or have a parent who lives or has lived in Wales.
- Been educated in Wales – including completing a first degree there.
Scholarships will be awarded based on merit to those applicants whose Welsh connection fulfils any one of the above criteria.
Postgraduate students - five individual awards may be given to the value of £3,000, normally for one academic year only, based on merit to those applicants whose Welsh connection fulfils any one of the above criteria and who also demonstrates outstanding academic achievement in their previous studies.
How do I apply?
You need to apply by using the online application form, together with supporting evidence. Please download and ask your referee to complete the Scholarship Reference Form; the referee should be your most recent school/university tutor or employer. We do not accept references from family members. Please note Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a satisfactory reference. Additional information may be requested at a later date
Deadline for applications
Applications and all supporting information must be received by the University by the 15th August 2018. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, whether successful or unsuccessful, once a decision has been made and no later than the 15th September 2018.
Terms and Conditions
- This scholarship is available only to those students who meet the Welsh connection criteria specified
- Successful applicants will be expected to write a brief report (no more than 2 sides of A4) for the Trustees to be submitted via the University, by the 30th June each year.
- Only one RAU-managed scholarship can be held at any one time – but the 20% alumni discount for postgraduate students would still apply and be deducted from remainder of the fee.
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice.
For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.