Chainsaw LANTRA Awards Maintenance and Operation (Cross Cutting)
Course level:Lantra - Basic
Upcoming coursesThu 03 Jan Fully Booked
Upcoming coursesMon 07 Jan Fully Booked
Upcoming coursesThu 10 Jan Fully Booked
Upcoming coursesWed 06 Feb Fully Booked
Upcoming coursesThu 21 Feb Fully Booked
Upcoming coursesMon 25 Feb Fully Booked
Upcoming coursesThu 28 Feb Fully Booked
Upcoming coursesThu 07 Mar Fully Booked
Upcoming coursesMon 01 Apr Fully Booked
- Routine maintenance
- Operational techniques
- Cross cutting
- Manual stacking
This is a Lantra Awards Integrated Test and Assessment (ITA) course and the assessment will take place within the duration of it. Students may also take the NPTC Assessments, which are held on a separate day from the training course and will incur an additional charge. It should be noted that your suitability for NPTC assessment is at the discretion of the instructor and it may be necessary for candidates to obtain additional training/experience. To arrange a test please contact The Rural Innovation Centre office on 01285 851830.
- The first session of the course is workshop-based. Thereafter the course will be run in nearby woodland and you will be directed there from the workshops.
- Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment and instruction book if available.
- Please bring lunch and beverages.
- Please bring 2 passport sized photographs if you are registering with Lantra Awards or if you already have one, your LANTRA Awards identity card.
- Chainsaw, protective clothing and safety equipment can be arranged through the centre office. This can be organised on the first day of the course, but please let the centre know if you will be hiring equipment.