OverviewA chainsaw maintenance and operation course for the operator with some experience. Content includes routine maintenance, operation technique and felling of trees of a diameter between 200mm (8") and 380mm (15"). Other subjects include: Dealing with hung-up trees, branch removal, snedding, cross cutting and manual stacking. PLEASE NOTE that due to Covid-19 we are unable to lift share, please be aware that you will need to provide your own transport to and from the centre to the felling sites. This is very important as sometimes due to poor weather conditions the course may be staggered and may mean part of the day is spent at the felling site and then back at the centre.
- Routine maintenance
- Operational techniques
- Felling up to 380mm (15 Inches)
- Manual stacking & snedding
NPTC Assessments are held on a separate day from the training course. Please contact the office to confirm the assessment date as soon as you have booked your course.
This is an external assessment and will take place on a separate day to the training. Please be prepared to travel back to the centre and to the felling site.
It should be noted that your suitability for assessment is at the discretion of the instructor and it may be necessary for candidates to obtain additional training/experience.
- The first session of the course is workshop based. Thereafter the course will be run in woodland. You will be directed there from the workshops. Please be aware we use various woodland throughout the county, depending on the time of the year. All candidates will be required to arrange transport to these locations if they do not drive or have a vehicle. The instructor will inform you of the woodland location on the first day of training. Due to Covid-19 we are unable to lift share, please be aware that you will need to provide your own transport to and from the centre to the felling sites. This is very important as sometimes due to poor weather conditions the course may be staggered and may mean part of the day is spent at the felling site and then back at the centre.
- Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment, instruction book and felling tools if available. PPE include Chainsaw Boots, Chainsaw Gloves, Chainsaw Trousers, Chainsaw Helmet.
- Due to Covid-19 please bring your own food and beverages as we are unable to provide these.
- Chainsaw, protective clothing and safety equipment hire can be arranged through the centre office at a charge of £5 each per day. This can be organised on the first day of the course, but please let the centre know if you will be hiring equipment ahead of time.
MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHAINSAW GUIDE BAR LENGTH FOR THIS COURSE IS 400mm (16")