Lantra - NPTC/City & Guilds Chainsaw Maintenance, Operation, Cross Cutting and Felling of Small Trees 2003/2004
Course level:NPTC/ City & Guilds - Advanced
- Routine Maintenance
- Operational Techniques
- Felling up to 380mm (15 Inches)
- Manual Stacking & Snedding
NPTC Assessments are a separate day from the training course. It should be noted that your suitability for assessment is at the discretion of the instructor and it may be necessary for candidates to obtain additional training/experience.
1. The first session of the course is workshop based thereafter the course will be run in the woodland, you
will be directed there from the workshops.
2. Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment, instruction book and
felling tools if available. If you require a chainsaw or protective clothing, hire can be arranged through
the Centre Office.
3. Bring lunch, beverages and 1 passport sized photograph or your NPTC ID card if you already have
4. If you need to hire a chainsaw or safety equipment, a charge of £5 each per day. This can be
organised on the first day of the course, but please let the Centre know if you will be hiring equipment.
MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHAINSAW GUIDE BAR LENGTH FOR THIS COURSE IS 380mm (15")