OverviewFelling trees can be hazardous and it is essential that you have total confidence in your expertise, thereby avoiding accidents. Our Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm training course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when felling trees, but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines ensuring that you stay protected.
PrerequisitesChainsaw, Maintenance Operation & Cross Cutting certificate.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Branch removal - snedding and de-limbing
- Cross-cutting felled timber
- Take down hung-up trees using hand tools
- Clear site and chainsaw checks
- Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment, instruction book and felling tools if available.
- Please bring lunch and beverages.
- We require a digital photograph which will be taken on the day of the training course, this is purely for a Lantra Skills card. PLEASE NOTE:- If you do not wish for a photograph to be taken then you will not be issued with a Lantra Skills card.
- Chainsaw, protective clothing and safety equipment hire can be arranged through the centre office at a charge of £5 each per day. This can be organised on the first day of the course, but please let the centre know if you will be hiring equipment ahead of time.
MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHAINSAW GUIDE BAR LENGTH FOR THIS COURSE IS 380mm (15")
Please be aware we use various woodland throughout the County dependent on the time of the year, the instructor will inform you where the woodlands is based on the first day of training, if transport is an issue please let the centre be aware on your booking so we can accomodate for this.