NPTC Chainsaw Update, Felling of Small Trees (Lantra to NPTC)
Felling trees can be hazardous and it is essential that you have total confidence in your expertise, thereby avoiding accidents. Our Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm training course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when felling trees, but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines ensuring that you stay protected.
Chainsaw, Maintenance Operation & Cross Cutting certificate.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Branch removal - snedding and de-limbing
- Cross-cutting felled timber
- Take down hung-up trees using hand tools
- Clear site and chainsaw checks
- Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment, instruction book and felling tools if available.
- Please bring lunch and beverages.
- Please bring 1 passport sized photograph or your ID card if you already have one.
- Chainsaw, protective clothing and safety equipment hire can be arranged through the centre office at a charge of £5 each per day. This can be organised on the first day of the course, but please let the centre know if you will be hiring equipment ahead of time.
MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHAINSAW GUIDE BAR LENGTH FOR THIS COURSE IS 380mm (15")
Course Assessment Method
As this is to upgrade your current qualification to NPTC, you will be assessed by an independent assessor on a separate date for modules 2003 (Maintenance, Operation & Cross Cutting) and 2004 (Felling & Processing of Small Trees).
Cost and extras£562.50
05 Mar 2019 to 07 Mar 2019
9:30am - 4:30pm
Rural Innovation Centre
Available places: 4