OverviewFelling trees can be hazardous and it is essential that you have total confidence in your expertise, thereby avoiding accidents. Our Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm training course will provide you with the appropriate techniques and safety guidelines to ensure that you are not only confident when felling trees, but also aware of relevant health and safety guidelines ensuring that you stay protected.
PrerequisitesChainsaw, Maintenance Operation & Cross Cutting certificate.
- HSE legislation and safety guidelines
- Branch removal - snedding and de-limbing
- Cross-cutting felled timber
- Take down hung-up trees using hand tools
- Clear site and chainsaw checks
- Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment, instruction book and felling tools if available.
- Due to Covid-19 please bring your own food and beverages as we are unable to provide these.
- Chainsaw, protective clothing and safety equipment hire can be arranged through the centre office at a charge of £5 each per day. This can be organised on the first day of the course, but please let the centre know if you will be hiring equipment ahead of time.
MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHAINSAW GUIDE BAR LENGTH FOR THIS COURSE IS 380mm (15")
Please be aware we use various woodlands throughout the county depending on the time of the year. The instructor will inform you of the woodland location on the first day of training. If transport is an issue please make the centre aware on your booking so we can accommodate this.