NPTC/City & Guilds Chainsaw Felling Medium Sized Trees 21 11 (formerly CS32)
Felling of larger trees further increases the hazards of tree felling. This course is for the competent operator who requires training for the use of chainsaws on trees of a diameter between 380mm and 760mm. You will assess types of tree and the hazards involved with the felling operation and learn to handle hung-up trees using a winch.
NPTC/City & Guilds Maintenance, Cross Cutting and Felling of Small Trees (2003/2004).
- Site safety and PPE
- Environmental and legal requirements
- Felling, de-limbing and snedding trees up to 760mm in diameter
- Take down of hung-up trees using hand winches
- Compression and crosscutting
- Use of felling and timber handling aid tool
- The first session of the course is workshop based thereafter the course will be run in nearby woodland and you will be directed there from the workshops.
- Please bring a chainsaw of the correct specification with maintenance equipment, instruction book and felling tools if available.
- Bring lunch and beverages.
- Chainsaw, protective clothing and safety equipment hire can be arranged through the centre office at a charge of £5 each per day. This can be organised on the first day of the course, but please let the centre know if you will be hiring equipment ahead of time.
MAXIMUM RECOMMENDED CHAINSAW GUIDE BAR LENGTH FOR THIS COURSE IS 380mm (15")
Course Assessment Method
A certificate of competence will be issued on the successful completion of the NPTC assessment. Assessment is carried out by external assessors at a later date, usually organised during the course.
Cost and extras£505.00
17 Dec 2018 to 19 Dec 2018
9:30am - 4:30pm
Rural Innovation Centre
Available places: 1