NPTC/City & Guilds Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue 2013 (formerly CS38)
- Inspection of equipment - LOLER '98
- Climb tree with rope and harness
- Conduct an aerial rescue
- Use a hand saw in the tree
1. The first day of the course is classroom and practical based which will involve climbing. Therefore, boots with ankle support and long trousers will be required. Thereafter the course will be run off site, you will be directed there from the classroom.
2. If you require protective clothing, hire can be arranged through the Centre Office.
3. Bring lunch and beverages
4. A charge of £60 has already been levied in the cost of the course. If you wish to bring your own equipment you may do so but all climbing equipment should be accompanied by an up to date LOLER certificate and its use will be at the discretion of the instructor.
Please note that it is advised that a minimum of two people must be present during all aerial work. One of the ground team must be available, competent and equipped to do an aerial rescue without delay.