OverviewEmergency first aid at work is the support given to someone with a sudden illness or injury within the workplace prior to professional medical treatment being available, if required. Appropriate training is necessary before you can administer first aid. The one-day integrated training and assessment course in Emergency First Aid at Work is available to you regardless of your industry. The course ensures that you learn the key skills needed to administer simple but sometimes life-saving procedures.
On completion of this course you will understand the following about the role of the first aider:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and accidents
- The use of available equipment
- How to assess the situation in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- How to administer cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded or bleeding
- How to administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- How to provide treatment for minor injuries including small cuts, grazes, bruises
Items to bring with you on the day:
- Bring pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
- Bring lunch