OverviewA course for the operator who requires certification in the arboricultural use of a chainsaw with rope and harness. This detailed course gives you in depth experience in the use of all equipment and the techniques required to perform tree surgery. The price includes kit hire. This course is Lantra certificate of attendance with NPTC/City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate of Competence in Using a Chainsaw from a Rope & Harness (0039-23)
PrerequisitesNPTC/City & Guilds Chainsaw Maintenance, Operation, Cross Cutting and Felling of Small Trees 2003/2004 (Formerly CS30/CS31). NPTC/City & Guilds Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue 2013 (formerly CS38).
- Prepare chainsaw for use
- Cold/hot starting techniques
- Sending saw aloft
- General saw handling
- Use of chainsaw from rope and harness to remove medium sized lateral branches
- Use of slings
- How to free a trapped saw
- Target pruning
- The first session of the course is classroom-based.Thereafter the course will be run in nearby woodland and you will be directed there from the classroom.
- If you require protective clothing, hire can be arranged through the centre office.
- Please bring lunch and beverages.
- A charge of £25 has already been levied in the cost of the course. If you wish to bring your own equipment you may do so but all climbing equipment should be acompanied by an up to date LOLER certificate and its use will be at the discretion of the instructor.