OverviewThe ATV is widely used in agriculture and serious accidents can occur when operators lack the skills required for its safe use. It is important for any operator to understand, utilise and maintain the machine correctly to ensure safe operation and reliability. Additionally, under PUWER '98 regulations, all operators should have undertaken adequate training before using ATV's at work.
PrerequisitesPrevious experience is required.
- Legal requirements
- Safety clothing
- Maintenance and controls
- Riding techniques
- Route planning and slopes
- Difficult terrain
Please note the following details:
- We require a digital photograph which we request once booked onto the course - this is purely for a Lantra Skills card.
- Wear suitable clothing for outside activity: motor cycle/ATV helmet (though these can be provided), water proofs, overalls or other suitable outdoor clothing that fully covers arms and legs (stinging nettles), gloves, protective footwear and eye protection. If you do not have all or any of the above please contact the centre office.
- If you wish to bring a quad bike please contact the centre office.
- Bring lunch
- Bring a pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
- If you require NPTC certification this can also be provided at an additional cost - please contact the office for more information. Please note that Lantra qualifications hold the same legal standing as City & Guilds qualification.