Tractor Driving 13 - 15 year olds
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Mount and dismount safely
- Understand the purpose and meaning of the instrumentation
- Understand the function of all controls
- Understand the hazards associated with using controls
- Understand the reasons for daily checks
- Start and stop the engine in a safe manner
- Be competent in driving a tractor in a forward and reverse direction
- Leave the tractor in a safe state
- Understand reasons for daily checks
- Competently perform checking of the lubrication, cooling and air intake of the engine, perform basic lubrication of the tractor and ensure the tractor is in a safe road going state
- Attach a mounted implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a mounted implement
- Attach a trailed implement and manoeuvre in a forward and reverse direction with a trailed implement
- Leave unattached implements in a safe state
- Health and safety legislation
- Pre-start checks
- Operation the tractor
- Mounted implements
- Trailed machines
Please note the following details:
1. Bring pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
2. Wear suitable clothing for outside activities, protective footwear and gloves (If possible).
3. Bring lunch and beverages.