OverviewThis course is aimed at the operator with some experience on the farm or who has already completed our Introduction to Tractor Driving course. Tractors are very versatile machines with a wide variety of uses, ranging from business to more recreational use. The ever-growing spectrum of types and attachments now available makes them even more flexible and effective for use in land-based industries. Performing maintenance to the standard of the manufacturers instruction manual and ensuring the tractor is in a safe road-going state, is of paramount importance. Even the most experienced tractor drivers need to update their knowledge and skills to get the best out of new machinery. Serious accidents can and do occur without proper training and safety is crucial.
PrerequisitesPrevious tractor driving experience.
- Three point linkage operation
- Driving and manoeuvring
- Fitting and operation of power take-off drive
- Use of front end loaders
- In field practical exercises
Please note the following details:
- Bring pen and paper if you wish to take notes.
- Wear suitable clothing for outside activities, protective steel toecap footwear is compulsory and gloves.
- Due to Covid-19 please bring your own food and beverages as we are unable to provide these.
- We require a digital photograph which will be taken on the day of the training course - this is purely for a Lantra Skills card. PLEASE NOTE:- If you do not wish for a photograph to be taken then you will not be issued with a Lantra Skills card.