OverviewTrailer Training B & E course and test. This course is located in Tewkesbury, so please ensure you are able to travel there both days. This test is a national requirement for drivers wishing to tow large or medium sized trailers who passed their driving test after 1/1/1997. Training is conducted in fully insured and prepared vehicles with experienced and fully qualified DSA instructors.
- Apply trailer brake
- Disconnect lighting plug and breakaway cable
- Lower jockey wheel and remove trailer from vehicle
- Say you would remove number plate
- Check trailer brake is on
- Carry out checks on trailer (tyres, nuts, lenses etc.)
- Check drawbar height & alignment
- Reverse to tow ball SLOWLY!
- Attach breakaway cable and lighting plug
- Attach coupling to vehicle
- Check secure coupling (raise jockey wheel)
- Raise jockey wheel & secure “R” clip
- Ask examiner for light check and say you are attaching number plate
REMINDER - Please ensure you have your driving licence with you.
PLEASE NOTE:- Training is 4 hours each day including the test on day 2. A total of 8 hours.
Times are as follows:
Candidate 1: 8:15am -12:15pm
Candidate 2: 12:15pm -16:15pm
DAY 2 – (arrival 2 hours before test time)
Candidate 1: times will be confirmed upon booking
Candidate 2: times will be confirmed upon booking
Due to Covid-19 we confirm that the Training Centre where Trailer Training takes place has the following rules in place:-
- Vehicle sanitation has been and will continue to take place on all vehicles
- Please be advised that ALL candidates must wear face masks for their tests as these are not provided.
- Face masks and gloves are NOT provided - Please bring your own.
- Hand sanitisers will be provided
- Candidates are advised to adhere to to Government Guidelines on social distancing whilst on the premises
- Arrangements will be made with DVSA on your behalf - please ensure you take your driving licence card on both days. No driving licence, no training or test.