Blacksmithing & Ornamental Ironwork - Module 1
This course will cover the basics of metal work, such as bending, twisting and cutting. You will be able to create your own designs and make ornamental work such as small simple objects.
- Basic principles of iron work
- Practical exercises
Please note the following details:
- The workshops are used throughout the course but you will require pen and paper.
- All protective clothing and equipment, materials and blacksmithing equipment are provided, (with exception of safety boots).
- Wear suitable clothing for workshop activity and protective footwear, if available.
- Please bring a packed lunch and beverages.
Please note: Due to the nature of the course (occasional coal fumes), people with respiratory problems may find it unsuitable. If you have any concerns, please check with the centre.
Course Assessment Method
At the end of the course you will be awarded a University certificate of attendance.
Cost and extras£130.00
11 May 2019
9:30am - 4:30pm
Rural Innovation Centre
Available places: 1