The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) is delighted to offer scholarships to attract and reward the brightest local students, regardless of background.
About the scholarship
There are two undergraduate awards available for 2020 entry.
These scholarships (paid as a tuition fee waiver) will be available to new taught RAU students, both full and part-time, who live and/or have within the last two years studied within a 25 mile radius of Cirencester (not previously at the RAU) and who can demonstrate academic excellence, leadership, and motivation to succeed by means of their Programme and Scholarship applications and supporting references.
We will take into account academic and community achievements, past, present and potential, as well as overcoming hardship.
Each scholarship will be worth £3,000 per annum for each year of study at the RAU, up to a maximum of three years, paid in three equal instalments at the start of each academic term.
Applicants for part-time study programmes who meet the criteria above and who will be studying a minimum of 25% of the full-time study load will receive a fee waiver pro rata to their study load. For example, a student studying 50% of full time, equivalent to 60 credits, would receive an award of £1,500. The award would be adjusted to match study pattern in future years of study.
How do I apply?
You need to apply by using the online application form, together with supporting evidence. Please download and ask your referee to complete the Scholarship reference form; the referee should be your most recent school/university tutor or employer. We do not accept references from family members. Please note Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a satisfactory reference. Additional information may be requested at a later date
Deadline for applications
Applications and all supporting information must be received by the University by 31 May 2020.
Applications received after this date will not be considered.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, whether successful or unsuccessful, once a decision has been made and no later than 31 August 2020.
Criteria for award continuation
Students in receipt of this award must pass each year of study at their first attempt and provide a brief report to the University on their academic and other achievements during the previous year by 30 June each year. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the award for subsequent years.
Terms and conditions
- Those studying on a part-time basis will be awarded a pro rata percentage of any award divided between the numbers of years of study
- This scholarship is available only to those students who meet the eligibility criteria specified above
- Successful applicants will be expected to write a brief one-page report, to be submitted via the University, by 30 June each year
- Only one RAU-managed scholarship can be held at any one time – but the 20% alumni discount would still apply for postgraduate applicants and be deducted from remainder of the fee
- Students who fail and are required to re-sit or re-study one or more modules will forego any further support
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice
For further information, please email: email@example.com.