RAU Outstanding Achievers Scholarships
The RAU Outstanding Achievers Scholarships are open to all new UK or Overseas undergraduate students.
About the scholarship
These scholarships are awarded to students who can demonstrate achievements in one or more of the following:
- Attainment of academic excellence
- Contribution to extra-curricular activities
- Overcoming of hardship (handicap or deprivation)
- Leadership, motivation, determination to succeed.
The scholarship is worth up to £2,000.
How do I apply?
You need to apply by using the online application form, together with supporting evidence. Please download and ask your referee to complete the Scholarship reference form; the referee should be your most recent school/university tutor or employer. We do not accept references from family members. Please note Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a satisfactory reference. Additional information may be requested at a later date.
Deadline for applications
Applications and all supporting information must be received by the University by 31 May 2019. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, whether successful or unsuccessful, once a decision has been made and no later than 31 August 2019.
Criteria for award continuation
Students in receipt of this award must pass each year of study at their first attempt and provide a brief report to the University on their academic and other achievements during the previous year by 30 June each year. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the award for subsequent years.
Terms and conditions
- Those studying on a part-time basis will be awarded a pro rata percentage of any award divided between the numbers of years of study
- This scholarship is available to all new UK, EU and International students
- Successful applicants will be expected to write a brief one-page report, to be submitted via the University, by 30 June each year, setting out their academic and other achievements over the year. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the award for subsequent years
- Students who fail and are required to re-sit or re-study one or more modules will forego any further support
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice.
For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.