RAU Support Bursary
Students can apply for an RAU Support Bursary of up to £1,000 per year for every year of study, for a maximum of three years.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a UK student and entering into your first year of undergraduate study
- Accept an offer from the Royal Agricultural University as your firm choice with UCAS by the 31 August 2019
- Be entitled to funding for fees and living costs from the relevant Student Finance body and have taken out the full loan for 2019/20
- Have a household income of £42,620 or less.
You must also meet a minimum of one of the following criteria:
- Be of a minority ethnic background
- Be a looked after child
- Be a young carer
- Attend an RAU-target school
- Live in a low-participation neighbourhood (both urban and rural)
- Be the first generation in higher education
- Have participated in an RAU aspiration-raising activity (i.e. summer school or enrichment day)
How do I apply?
This bursary is now closed to applications.
Terms and conditions
- We automatically assess your entitlement for the awards based on information about your household income provided by the relevant Student Finance body. However, we can only do this if you consent to share your financial details when you complete your application with Student Finance England. For other funding bodies, we will require evidence of benefit entitlement or evidence of your (and where appropriate your partner’s) gross income.
- All Bursary payments are made in three termly instalments and will be made direct to a nominated bank account.
- Students who fail and are required to repeat a year will forego their entitlement to any further core support.
- Students who transfer to a different degree programme after completing year 1 will be required to re-apply for the RAU support bursary and are not therefore guaranteed to receive the same level of funding.
- Part-time students studying on a 50% equivalent basis will be entitled to a pro rata Bursary for a maximum of six years, providing they continue to meet the criteria listed above.
For further information, please email: email@example.com.