University Core Bursary
Students may be eligible for our Core Bursary, for financial help over the duration of your course of study.
About the bursary
You will receive £1,000 for each year of undergraduate study up to a maximum of £3,000.
Students awarded a Core Bursary are not exempted from applying for an additional award.
To be eligible for this bursary, you must:
- Be resident in England and entering into year one an undergraduate or foundation degree course
- Accept an offer from the Royal Agricultural University as your firm choice with UCAS by the 1 May 2019
- Be entitled to funding for fees and living costs from Student Finance England and have taken out the full loan for 2019/20
- Have a household income of £25,000 or less, as assessed by Student Finance England.
If you receive a Core Bursary in your first year, you are guaranteed to receive a Core Bursary in subsequent years of your course. The Core Bursary is automatically awarded to students meeting the criteria below and there is no need to formally apply.
Terms and conditions
- We automatically assess your entitlement for the awards based on information about your household income provided by the relevant Student Finance body. However, we can only do this if you consent to share your financial details when you complete your application with Student Finance England
- All Bursary payments are made in three termly instalments and will be made direct to a nominated bank account
- Students who fail and are required to repeat a year will forego their entitlement to any further core support
- Students who are ineligible for such support in year one will remain ineligible, even if your household income drops below the qualifying threshold
- Part-time students studying on a 50% equivalent basis will be entitled to a Core Bursary of £500 per year for a maximum of six years, providing they continue to meet the criteria listed above.
For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.