Discover what it is like to live and study at the RAU.
This three day residential taster course for 16-17 year olds (i.e. year 12 or equivalent) is designed to give you the opportunity to explore our friendly campus and get a taste of what it is like to live and study with us. You will stay in student accommodation, attend sample lectures, take part in fun practical activities and get lots of information and advice about coming to university. The sessions will be tailored towards your main subject of interest, whether that’s agriculture and environment, real estate and land management, equine, animal science, business or archaeology.
When is it?
The next Discover RAU course is from Monday 29 June to Wednesday 1 July 2020.
How much does it cost?
The course costs £70 per person. This includes accommodation at the RAU on both nights, and all meals and sessions throughout.
Free places are available to students who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Live in a UK postcode identified as having low progression to higher education (i.e. POLAR4 Q1 or Q2, to check eligibility please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Currently attend a state school or college (i.e. not a grammar school or independent school)
- Currently/have been in local authority care
- From an ethnic group under-represented at the RAU (i.e. Black, Asian and mixed backgrounds featuring one of these groups)
- Have a parent/guardian currently serving in the UK Armed Forces.
Where is it held?
The Royal Agricultural University, Stroud Road, Cirencester GL7 6JS
How do I get to the RAU?
You will need to organise and cover the costs of your own transport to and from the RAU. To support this, we’re happy to provide a free pick up service from our closest train station, Kemble. If you are struggling to cover the costs of your travel please contact us on email@example.com to discuss. You can find further information about how to find the RAU on our website.
How do I apply?
If you’d like to join us for Discover RAU, please complete this application form before Friday 1st May 2020. If your application is successful, we will be in touch.