Worshipful Company of Farmers' (WCF) Advanced Course in Agricultural Business Management (ACABM)
From farm managers to agricultural solicitors, land agents, farm advisers and agricultural business proprietors, more than 1,200 delegates have completed this renowned course since its inception in 1963. Many now hold influential positions within agriculture and its allied industries.
The Advanced Course in Agricultural Business Management (ACABM) is designed for individuals to develop their capacity to understand and manage their own business. This is done by interacting with influential business leaders, conducting case studies and by sharing experiences with other delegates. In addition it gives the opportunity to reflect on the course material and to discuss issues individually.
While attending the three week ACABM residential course individuals will:
- develop an understanding and awareness of both internal and external strategic issues (political, financial and environmental) likely to affect their own businesses
- develop the knowledge and management skills to manage performance and motivate and empower ownership, staff, and management teams across the business
- identify and appraise opportunities for future investment, business growth, and improvements in financial performance
- develop a stronger understanding of the requirements of lenders when assessing funding proposals
- strengthen the understanding of routes to market, marketing strategies, brand development and positioning within the marketplace
- develop a stronger appreciation of the process of management and family/ownership succession
The course covers themes such as:
Dates for the next course are: 10 – 29 November 2019.
Applications for November 2019 now welcome.
If you would like any further information call the office on 01285 889879.