Tier 4 visas

International students who want to study on an RAU Undergraduate or Postgraduate, Taught, full-time programme or do their PhD studies here will need to obtain a Tier 4 (General) study visa before the start of their studies.

The Royal Agricultural University acts as their educational sponsor (Tier 4 Sponsor License No: VT0Q9ERW3). Students need to meet the following eligibility criteria:

  • Hold a place on an RAU taught course (Unconditional, Firm)
  • Meet the English language requirements in addition to meeting the RAU requirements for your chosen course of study (see individual course pages for details on entry requirements for specific programmes and levels of study)
  • Have enough money to support themselves and pay for the tuition of their course
  • Be from a country that is not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
  • By applying to do the course they won’t exceed the maximum cap of study in the UK

To apply and get a Tier 4 visa you need to claim 40 points in total. 30 points from a valid CAS (Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies assigned by the University) and 10 points for having enough money to cover the cost of your Tuition fees for year 1 and monthly living costs (called Maintenance funds).

The University only sponsors full-time students under this visa route. To see the Tier 4 visa process step-by-step click here.

The University has a dedicated Visa Support Team who will guide you through the entire visa application. They will check your application and supporting documents to ensure you meet all requirements before they clear you to submit your Tier 4 application.

Please click on the following links to read relevant detailed visa information for your study.

  • New students
  • Existing students (requiring extension to complete their studies)
  • Returning students (completed a programme of study with RAU and move to a higher level of study: e.g. Foundation degree to Bachelor degree or Bachelor degree to MSc)