Course:FdSc Environmental Conservation and Heritage Management

Course details

  • UCAS Code

  • Location

    Royal Agricultural University Campus
  • Duration

    2 Years (Full time /Part time)
  • Academic Year

    19 September 2022 - 26 May 2023

You will learn how to become an effective manager in the countryside, combining your understanding of ecology, landscape development, cultural history and heritage management.

Course overview

This course has been designed with environmental conservation and heritage organisations, enhancing graduate employability. Our graduates have gone on to work at The National Trust, The Wildlife Trusts, Cotswold Archaeology and many more.

You will gain training in a range of industry skills, with the opportunity to complete recognised training courses in machinery and equipment operations at our John Oldacre Rural Innovation Centre. The cost of which is included in your tuition fee.

After successfully completing the Foundation degree you may wish to consider enrolling for additional year of study on the BSc (Hons) Countryside Management (Top-up) to obtain an Honours degree.

Work placement

You will complete a 30-day period of compulsory work placement, usually during the summer holiday between your first and second year, to gain an in-depth experience of wildlife, heritage, and environmental management activities within the sector. You will produce a portfolio of evidence of this learning experience.

Ready to take the plunge? Apply now

Applications to study at the Royal Agricultural University must be made through the UCAS system. This applies to all undergraduate courses.

Applications should be made by the UCAS deadline to ensure we are able to offer you a place on your first choice course. However, if you have missed the deadline please contact as there are usually places available.

If you would like to apply during UCAS Extra or Clearing, please check that we have places available.

Applicants wishing to study on a course on a part-time basis will need to apply directly to the RAU.

Please contact to discuss your requirements and obtain an application form.