Course:BSc (Hons) Wildlife and Countryside Management (Top-up)

Course details

  • UCAS Code

  • Location

    Royal Agricultural University Campus
  • Duration

    1 year full time (or 2 years part time) (Full time /Part time)
  • Academic Year

    19 September 2022 - 26 May 2023

Interested in roles such as a biodiversity officer, an ecological surveyor, or a countryside manager? These are just some of the routes open to you after this course, designed with organisations directly involved in conservation.

Course overview

Graduates have gone on to work at nationally-recognised organisations such as The Wildlife Trust, National Trust and The Farming and Wildlife Advisory Group.

Studying both the big picture and the detail will help you become an effective manager of wildlife and the countryside, covering issues from ecosystem services to protected species surveys. This course brings together academic knowledge and research skills to inform sustainable management of wildlife and the countryside. 

Industry experience

Your learning will be directed by research-active lecturers and industry experts. The course has been designed with input from employers and industry to maximise your employability prospects after graduation. You will practice key skills for employment in the wildlife and countryside sector such as protected species surveys, report writing, grant applications, legislative requirements and client liaison.

Ready to take the plunge? Apply now

Applications to study at the Royal Agricultural University must be made through the UCAS system. This applies to all undergraduate courses.

Applications should be made by the UCAS deadline to ensure we are able to offer you a place on your first choice course. However, if you have missed the deadline please contact as there are usually places available.

If you would like to apply during UCAS Extra or Clearing, please check that we have places available.

Applicants wishing to study on a course on a part-time basis will need to apply directly to the RAU.

Please contact to discuss your requirements and obtain an application form.