Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) visa
The Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa category provides international students who are graduating from UK universities with the opportunity to extend their stay in the UK after graduation for one year to establish a business (with the opportunity to extend for a further year).
For the purpose of UK Immigration Rules, ‘business’ refers to all enterprises: sole-trader, partnership, or company that is registered in the UK.
Support Package for Graduate Entrepreneurs:
- Dedicated desk space for 12 months within Trent Lodge Enterprise Centre to run your business from.
- An enterprise mentor to guide you with your start-up
- Access to enterprise workshops, meetings with professionals and Student Entrepreneurs.
- Opportunity to trade at summer shows (if product/service relevant to event).
- Access of School of Business and Entrepreneurship academics to provide guidance.
- The application fee for Tier 1 (Graduate Entrepreneur) Visa is £456 (plus, if applicable, an additional £456 per dependant)
- UK Immigration Health Surcharge as part of your Tier 1 visa application.
- The fee for the above support package which is provided by the RAU School of Business and Entrepreneurship is £6,000 for the first year, with a 25% discount for RAU graduates. If you successfully extend your stay for a second year, the fee is £4,000 (with a 25% discount for RAU alumni) for continued support of your start-up.
The Royal Agricultural University can endorse a maximum of twenty students each year. However, before applying please ensure you meet the criteria set out below, more details at: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-graduate-entrepreneur-visa .
- You have an outstanding, genuine, credible business idea and entrepreneurial skills to develop as a start-up business.
- You are a graduate with a UK recognised bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD which was awarded before your date of endorsement.
- You are applying within 12 months of being awarded your qualification.
- Have savings of £945 if applying from inside the UK, or £1,890 if applying from outside the UK. You must of had this in your bank account for 90 days before you apply.
- Meet the English language requirement
- Able to base your business at the RAU Trent Lodge Enterprise Centre (Cirencester, Gloucestershire).
Please note that you can’t apply with any of the following:
- Foundation degrees
- Honorary degrees
- Qualifications awarded in the UK by overseas awarding bodies
- Qualifications undertaken at overseas campuses of UK institutions
- Professional and vocational qualifications
- Postgraduate certificates or diplomas.
Please check the full eligibility criteria: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-graduate-entrepreneur-visa/eligibility