Using Your RAU Unicard
Adding credits to your RAU Unicard account
You will need to add some credit to your account before you can use it to pay for things. There are two ways to do this:
- go to our secure RAU Unicard WebCentre facility
- if your are a member of staff or a current student, log in using your standard RAU username and password.
- use your MasterCard or Visa credit or debit card to transfer money to your RAU Unicard account
This facility can also be accessed from:
- Students: log into the Student Portal and click the ‘My RAU Unicard Account’ link.
- Staff: go to the ‘I want to’ section of the Intranet Home page and click the ‘manage my RAU Unicard’ link.
- Parents and guardians of students can also use the secure RAU Unicard WebCentre facility to add credits to a student’s account.
We recommend that, whenever you use a credit or debit card to top up your RAU Unicard account, you should use your own personal computer or laptop, in the privacy of your own home.
If you choose to use a computer within the university network, you do so at your own risk and it is your responsibility to ensure that:
- your personal login details are kept secure
- you are not overlooked when entering your credit or debit card details
- you log off completely when you’ve finished
- You can present your RAU Unicard, and the money you wish added to your RAU Unicard account, to the cashier at any till and ask for the money to be credited
Paying for things
To pay for food or goods simply present your RAU Unicard to the card reader at the tills situated in:
- The Porters Lodge
- The Atrium Retail unit
- The University Bar
- The Restaurant
Accessing buildings, offices, rooms and car parks
Present your card to the lock – the light will turn from red to green (unlocking) or green to red (locking).
Enabling your RAU Unicard for printing, photocopying and scanning
You can enable your new RAU Unicard by passing it over the card reader on any of the MFD printers across the campus and then enter your standard network login and password.
Subsequently, you can use the MFD printers simply by passing your RAU Unicard over the card reader – you won’t be required to log in again.
Using the Library
Ask a librarian to activate your RAU Unicard the first time you use it there.
Registering your attendance at lectures
If you are a student, you will be using your RAU Unicard to register your attendance at lectures and seminars.
Full details will be provided when you arrive on-campus, but in essence all you will have to do is pass your RAU Unicard over a scanner when you enter your lecture or seminar room.