- Year 10 Summer School
Discover what it is like to study at university.
Are you currently in Year 10 and interested in finding out more about what it would be like to study at university? Would you also like to experience what it's like to be a university student and get a taster of some of the exciting opportunities that will be available to you in the future? If the answer is yes, then you can apply for a place on our free Year 10 Summer School.
When is it? 1 August - 2 August 2022.
Where is it held? The Royal Agricultural University, Stroud Road, Cirencester, GL7 6JS
How much does it cost? The course is completely free! This includes free accommodation, meals, and activities.
What will I do?
You’ll learn first-hand what it’s like to be a university student by experiencing different aspects of campus life. You’ll get a chance to go on a tour of university, stay overnight in student halls of residence, attend a university lecture, have lunch at the student restaurant and meet current university students. You don’t need to be interested in agriculture, academic taster sessions could range from wildlife conservation through to business and enterprise.
Who is eligible?
To take part, you must be currently in Year 10, studying at a non-selective state school in the UK and expecting to achieve a minimum of five GCSEs, including English and Mathematics at Grade C / 4 or higher.
Priority places will be offered to students who also meet one or more of the following additional criteria:
- Live within an hour radius of the RAU
- Live in a UK postcode identified as having low progression to higher education (i.e. POLAR4 Q1 or Q2, to check eligibility please email email@example.com)
- Eligible for free school meals
- Have carer responsibilities
- Currently/have been in care
- Would be the first in their immediate family to attend university (excluding siblings)
- From an ethnic group under-represented at the RAU (i.e. Black, Asian and mixed backgrounds featuring one of these groups)
How do I apply?
Applications have now closed for our Year 10 Summer School 2022.