13 Jan 2020
The Lycetts Summer Scholarships are now closed for applications for 2020.
The Lycetts Scholarships are a 10 week research project, giving you the opportunity to build a network of contacts and find out more about the world of rural insurance, as well as giving the chance to develop commercial research and presentations skills.
These scholarships are exclusive to the RAU and there are two available at £1,250 each. To apply, you must be a current second year student on any course.
Applications closed on Monday 27 January 2020.
This year’s questions are:
1. How will climate change affect future cropping of existing crops and provide opportunities to grow new / novel crops in the UK?
- Specifically what new crop / machinery / other insurance should Lycetts be exploring or recommending to customers?
- How will working practices need to change on-farm?
2. Insurance for the farming industry – What do Farmers really want?
3. Given the increasing media focus on country sports and meat/milk producers how could these communities respond?
4. What are the likely effects of and possible remedies to the current age profile of farm workers in 15 years’ time?
If you have any questions, please contact Hannah Langford via email@example.com.