This accessibility statement applies to:
- The Royal Agricultural University website: https://www.rau.ac.uk/
This website is run by The Royal Agricultural University. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We've also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Overall our website is accessible and our customers should be able to use the site without too much difficulty. We are aware of the following issue that may affect the accessibility of some parts of the website:
- Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
We are actively working to address the following issues. In the interim you might experience difficulty with the following:
- Keyboard tabbing to the RAU-bot
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- Email email@example.com
- Call +44 (0) 1285 652531
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 14 working days.
If you cannot view the map on our ‘contact us’ page, call or email us for directions.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Royal Agricultural University is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Reflow issues at 400% zoom. Currently being investigated. Anticipated fix date May 2023
- Contrast issues being identified prior to rectification. Anticipated fix date May 2023
- RAU chatbot does not allow user to keyboard tab between questions. Fails WCAG 2.1.1 Keyboard. Referred to external chatbot supplier to fix. Anticipated fix date July 2023
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
- The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
- Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 22 September 2020. It was last reviewed on 20 December 2022.
This website was last tested on 20 December 2022. The test was carried out by Equimedia Ltd.
We used the Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test.