Our vision is to be the UK's global university for sustainable farming and land management, enabling communities locally, nationally and across the world to thrive in harmony with nature.
We will pursue our vision by focusing on three outcomes which run through all that we do. These goals and measures of success are:
A global reputation for excellence and leadership across our teaching, research and engagement.
- All our programmes are market leaders
- Our graduates are prized by employers
- Our staff develop into recognised leaders within their disciplines
- Professional bodies seek our expertise and help
A growing, diverse and inclusive community of students and partners in the UK and internationally.
- Increase in student applications to study in the UK
- Attracting more students from under-represented groups
- Growth in transnational education
- Growing partnerships with like-minded organisations
A showcase for sustainable and resilient management, through our land and estate, our finances, and our culture.
- Physical transformation of our estate
- Generating sufficient revenues to reinvest
- Material progress towards achieving net zero
- Our staff enjoy working here
We have also chosen five values to underpin our learning community. These are the values which we will all work by and for which we want the RAU to be known. We are:
We believe in the power of working together. We are stronger as a community of practice - inspiring each other, identifying shared goals, and providing reciprocal support leads to greater success.
We are receptive to new ideas and we value the diversity of experiences and skills. We are committed to listening to everyone across the RAU community.
We adopt creative approaches to achieve our goals while setting higher standards, promoting professionalism and sustainability.
Individually and collectively we take accountability for our actions working with integrity to achieve the highest ethical standards.
We acknowledge the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and are committed to maintaining an environment that seeks to eliminate all forms of discrimination and respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences.
Our Digital Strategy underpins the University’s strategic goals as expressed in the University Strategy 2023-28.