Every year the RAU welcomes students from South America who come to the UK to receive a world-class education. The International Team at RAU are always keen to help and support International students seeking education opportunities in the UK.
At the RAU we offer a variety of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programmes.
The RAU holds a Student Visa Sponsor License No: VT0Q9ERW3
Fees & Scholarships
Standard international tuition fees apply for most of our courses but there are some that may vary. For more details on standard and non-standard fees visit our undergraduate fee and postgraduate fee pages.
You can also check your chosen course page to see if a non-standard fee applies to your course. Find the course page by searching our undergraduate course and postgraduate course listings.
The Royal Agricultural University offers a number of scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across a range of subject areas. In addition to this, a number of external organisations grant awards which may be of interest to RAU applicants.
Please click for details of the funding opportunities available to international undergraduate students.
Please click for details of the funding opportunities available to international postgraduate students.
International Foundation Year
We run an International Foundation Year programme in partnership with our partner, INTO London World education Centre based in London.
To enquire about the programme please get in touch with our admissions team: email@example.com
Undergraduate Degrees (Bachelors)
Applicants with secondary school qualifications (Certificado de Conclusão de Ensino Médio) will need to undertake an International Foundation Year to be considered for entry to undergraduate courses at the RAU.
Applicants who have completed successfully the 1st year of a Brazilian University degree (Licenciado/Bacharel) will be considered for admission to the first year of our Bachelor degree courses.
Alternatively, applicants with IB, EB, UK or US qualifications will require:
- International Baccalaureate min. 26 points, A-levels or USA or other international equiv. qualifications for bachelor degree programmes
- IELTS band score 6.0 overall or above with no less than 5.5 in each component of the 'academic' IELTS test. (The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course)
- International Baccalaureate min.24 points, A/AS levels or equivalent international qualifications
- UKVI IELTS band score 6.0 overall or above with no less than 5.5 in each component of the 'academic' IELTS test. (The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course)
Postgraduate Taught Degrees
- Bachelor Honours degree 2:1 or higher
- Bachelor degree (Bacharel/ Licenciado-a) min 7.5 or 75% is considered equivalent to a 2:1
- Bachelor degree ( Bacharel/ Licenciado-a ) with min 6.5 or 65% is considered equivalent to a 2:2
- IELTS band score 6.5 overall or above with no less than 5.5 in each component of the 'academic' IELTS test. (The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course)
Postgraduate Research Degrees
- For entry to a PhD programme we would require applicants to hold a Master’s degree (Titulo de Mestre)
- IELTS band score of minimum 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in Writing and no less than 5.5 in any other component. (The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course)
Mature candidates with significant relevant work experience and lower academic qualifications may also be considered for entry, following personal interview with the Director of Research.
UK Visas and immigration
International students would normally require a visa for studying in the UK. For further information and guidance visit:
Preparing for your studies in the UK
- English language test information
- The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)
- To assess and compare your current qualifications, UK ENIC
- #We Are International - Support for International Students applying to study in the UK
- Prepare for Success
Applying to the RAU
All students intending to study an undergraduate degree in the UK are required to apply through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). To learn more about UCAS, application deadlines and the support we provide to help you make your application see:
You can apply for postgraduate taught and research programmes directly to us via our online application form. These forms can be found on the relevant postgraduate course pages:
Our international team regularly travels to countries around the world, attending conventions and fairs and visiting schools and colleges. For further information and to view upcoming trips, visit our international events page.
Representatives in your country
We work with a small number of approved international representatives who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Please email us if you would like to contact a country representative: firstname.lastname@example.org