Sir Emrys Jones Memorial Trust Scholarships
These scholarships are available only for study at the Royal Agricultural University to students who are qualified for their selected programme.
About the scholarship
Students must also fulfil one of the following criteria:
- Have one or more parent or grandparent who is Welsh.
- Live or have lived or have a parent who lives or has lived in Wales.
- Been educated in Wales – including completing a first degree there.
Individual awards may be given to the value of £1,500 for each year of study at the RAU up to a maximum of three years, based on merit to those applicants whose Welsh connection fulfils any one of the above criteria and who also demonstrates outstanding academic achievement in their previous studies.
How do I apply?
You need to apply by using the online application form, together with appropriate supporting evidence. Please download and ask your referee to complete the Scholarship reference form; the referee should be your most recent school/university tutor or employer. We do not accept references from family members. Please note Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a satisfactory reference. Additional information may be requested at a later date.
Deadline for applications
Applications and all supporting information must be received by the University by the 31st May 2018. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, whether successful or unsuccessful, once a decision has been made and no later than the 31st August 2018.
Criteria for Award Continuation
Students in receipt of this award must pass each year of study at their first attempt and provide a brief report to the Trustees on their academic and other achievements during the previous year by 30th June each year. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the award for subsequent years.
Terms and Conditions
- This scholarship is available only to those students who meet the Welsh connection criteria specified
- Successful applicants will be expected to write a brief report (no more than 2 sides of A4) for the Trustees to be submitted via the University, by the 30th June each year.
- Only one RAU-managed scholarship can be held at any one time.
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice.
For further information, please email: email@example.com.