9 January 2023
More than half of the research carried out at the RAU was commended as world leading and internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework making us the leading specialist university in England. The report also praised the RAU’s research for being at its highest ever level.
- The RAU achieved excellent results in the latest National Student Survey (NSS) with student satisfaction scores beating even those of the best-performing Russell Group universities. The RAU was ranked 1st for Learning Community and 4th for Overall Satisfaction, as well as being in the Top 10 of all English universities for both Academic Support and for Organisation & Management.
- We were ranked in the top 10 universities in the UK for the best student experience, and as the highest-ranking university in Gloucestershire, in the Sunday Times Good University Guide, climbing 14 places from our 2021 rating. The RAU was ranked eighth in the list of the best universities for student experience and 53= for students’ evaluation of teaching quality.
- Two RAU researchers have been recognised in prestigious lists ranking those at the very top of their profession. Dr David O’Connor, Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Land Management, and Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic Planning and Resources) Professor David Main, who also lectures in production animal health and welfare, were both recognised in Stanford University list of the top 2% of influential scientists in the world. Dr O’Connor was additionally recognised as a Highly Cited Researcher in Clarivate’s 2022 listings of the world’s most influential researchers putting him among the top 1% of researchers in the world.
- The RAU has been re-approved as a Centre of Excellence for Enterprise Education by the IOEE (Institute of Enterprise and Entrepreneurs) for a further three years. As the only small and specialist University in the UK to have been granted the IOEE’s Centre of Excellence status, it highlights the emphasis we place on entrepreneurship and innovation, vital skills required for the future workforce.
- We performed strongly in the Knowledge Exchange Framework with results highlighting our strengths in Continuing Professional Development and graduate start-ups amongst others. Looking at the performance of English Higher Education Providers from a range of different perspectives, the RAU was ranked second out of the nine institutions in its cluster and was recognised and having very high or high engagement in five of the seven judging criteria.
- The RAU has been awarded £5.8m by The Office for Students to build a new Land Laboratory Teaching Centre which will provide an integrated, state-of-art, facility to train students in climate-smart, resilient agriculture and land management. The new centre will be built in the ground floor of the existing Frank Garner lecture block, alongside a new “wet laboratory”, and will house the latest equipment and technologies across a combined wet lab and IT-enabled learning environment covering a broad range of disciplines and skills.
- And as well as all this we also offer …
... an accommodation fees price freeze for those starting in September 2023
… all bills and utilities included in the cost if you choose to live on campus
… free parking on campus
... a free shuttle bus to and from Cirencester