Dr Ayodeji Owoeye has been working at the Royal Agricultural University Since February 2020. He is an experienced lecturer and teaches broadly in the areas of Finance, Accounting and Economics.
He is a CPA chartered accountant and a professional financial accountant from Institute of Financial Accountants, UK. He also holds a chartered Banker status from the Chartered Banker Institute, UK.
He is a finance theorist and practitioner with extensive industry and academic expertise in various disciplines, including areas of finance, mathematical finance, computational finance, and financial trading, combined with extensive academic leadership.
Before joining the Royal Agricultural University, he worked in various Universities in the UK for almost 10 years, where he taught several finance-related courses. Prominent among them includes Nottingham Trent University, University of Nottingham, University of Lincoln, Leeds Becket University and Keele University.
Previously, Dr Ayodeji had 10 years banking experience in Africa, working for high profile financial organisations where he was involved in equity and economics research, risk management, credit analysis and Audit.
His academic career began in Nigeria where he gained BSc Economics in 2001 and MSc Economics in 2003. He further obtained a Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE). He attended Bangor University, UK where he obtained Chartered Banker MBA in Banking and Finance, MSc Finance and Investment from the University of Derby, UK and a PhD in Financial Economics, Banking and Accounting from the University of Salford Business School, Manchester, UK.
He completed a Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice (PGCAP) and holds a Fellowship status from Advance HE (formerly known as HEA).
Ayodeji has supervised a considerable number of undergraduate and postgraduate dissertations and has a long track record of excellent delivery across all the universities he has worked. Currently, he supervises three PhD students.
Ayodeji holds several memberships in scholarly forums and professional agencies:
- Full Member (Chartered Accountant), Certified Practising Accountant
- Fellowship: Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria
- Full Member: Nigerian Economic Society
- Associate Member, Nigerian Institute of Management
- Associate Member, Institute of Financial Accountants, UK
- Member, Institute of Public Accountants, Australia
- Chartered Banker, Chartered Banker Institute, UK
- Member, Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK
Ayodeji's core research mainly focuses on Empirical Finance, Corporate Finance, Financial Modelling, Financial Theory and Management, Financial Derivatives, Investment, Risk & Portfolio Analysis. In addition, he also studies and takes interest in Financial Econometrics, Logit/Probit Model, Time Series Analysis, Double hurdle model and generalized method of moments (GMM).
My areas of research focus are
- Economic Policy and Performance
- Finance and Accounting.
Under the Economic policy and Performance, the following topics can be considered.
- Economics Development in Emerging Economies
- Impact of FDI flows on Economic growth with focus on sub-Sahara Africa
- Causes and Consequences of Income inequality in 21th Century.
Under the Finance and Accounting research areas. I focus on two areas, which are:
- International Finance and Investments
- Issues in Corporate Finance and Governance
International Finance and Investments
- Emerging markets
- International Finance
- International portfolio investments
- Corporate governance and firm performance
- Macro-economy and stock markets
- Modelling returns, volatility, and co-movements
- Impact of regulation on stock returns and firm performance
- Financial market and Banking issues
- Market microstructure studies
- Mortgage finance
Issues in Corporate Finance and Governance
- Financial policy and restructuring
- Initial public offerings
- Executive compensation
- Small business finance
- Financial stability, bank regulation, supervision, and deposit insurance
- Valuation, performance, competition and efficiency
- Risk management and corporate governance
I am accepting PhD students interested in the above research areas.
- Module leader of the MSc programmes:
- Financial Management
- Module leader of the BSc modules:
- Corporate Finance
- Business Finance
- Management Accounting
- Financial Management
- Supervisor of BSc and MSc dissertations
- Other Modules taught::
- Business Informatics (BSc programme)
- Global Business Environment (BSc programme)
- Financial Decision (MBA programme)
- Property Finance & Taxation
- Farm Business Management
- Rural Entrepreneurship
- 7th Global Housing Finance Conference on May 25-26, 2016. Jointly hosted biannually by the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) at Washington D.C United States.
- Centre for Service Excellence (CenSE) Service Management Doctoral Colloquium Friday 28 October 2016 Venue: University of Edinburgh Business School, 29 Buccleuch Place, Edinburgh EH8 9JS (Poster Presentation Titled: Mortgage Finance in Nigeria, Myth or Reality, What Is the Way Forward?
- Westminster Business Forum Keynote Seminar: The UK Mortgage Market - competition, financial stability and the impact of Brexit Timing, Thursday, 2nd February 2017 Venue: Central London
- Doctoral Symposium 10mins and 3MT Presentations, University of Salford Manchester, Salford Business School, 2016. Presented a paper titled: The Nigerian Mortgage market: A paper of associated Constraints.
- NARTI 11TH Annual Doctoral Conference, Sept 2016, Sheffield United Kingdom. Presented my PhD research
- Contemporary Issue submit, University of Harvard, USA, March 15 -16, 2017. Paper to be presented title: Developing an Empirical Investigation of the Nigeria Mortgage Finance Market.
- Doctoral Symposium 10mins and 3MT Presentations, University of Salford Manchester, Salford Business School, 2017 Delivered on Paper Titled: The Nexus of the Financial Market, Mortgage Market and Household Demand: The Nigeria Case.