- Dr Carol (Yongmei) Zhang
Dr Carol Yongmei Zhang joined in RAU in Oct 2010. Currently, she is a senior lecturer of HRM, Organisational Behaviour and Personal & Professional Development Planning at the School of Business & Entrepreneurship.
Apart from 4 years commercial experience in the UK banking industry, Dr Zhang has been teaching for about 15 years at leading academic institutions in Thailand, China and UK. As a passionate HE lecturer as well as an active researcher, plus her experience working in varied environments, Dr Zhang is committed to developing effective teaching methods that promote a stimulating learning environment.
- Senior Lecturer in Human Resource Management; Organizational Behavior; Personal & Professional Development Planning
- Member of Academic Board
- Associate Member of Chinese Economic Association (CEA), UK
- Associate Member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- Member of Chartered Management Institute (MCMI)
- Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (FHEA)
- Principal research interests lie in the field of International human resource management and organisational behaviour.
- Committed to research in trans-national business and organization; cross-cultural management; global business and HR; HR strategy.
- Interested in the development of leadership research and consultancy in Chinese organizations.
- Business environment and business environment (equine)
- HR in context
- Introduction to business
- Personal and professional development planning
- Personal and professional development
- Research project
- Practice management
- Rural business enterprise
- SDAU teaching (China)
- Ma, H.Y., Topolansky, F.B. & Zhang, Y.C. (2018) Can Social Capital and Psychological Capital Improve the Entrepreneurial Performance of the New Generation of Migrant Workers in China? Sustainability 10 (11), 3964. http:// doi.org/ 10.3390/su10113964
- Wu, P., Zhang, J.Y., Zhang., Y., and Yang, L. (2017) Professional English of Food Quality and Safety. Chemistry Industry Press. China
- Wu, P., Zhang, Y., Wang, Y., Xiang, Q.S., and Yang, Y. (2017) Food Safety Management System. Chemistry Industry Press. China
- Topolansky, F., Zhang, Y., Gonzales, M. and Clemence, M. (2016) Does the conventional paradigm help to analyse the competitiveness of an industry? International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences 6 (9), pp.68-84. ISSN: 2222-6990
- Zhang, Y (2015) Evaluating my practice of engaging students learning: an evidence based practice using self-reflection. HEA Annual Conference. Manchester Studio, 3-4 Dec.
- Zhang, Y., Topolansky, F. and Baird, Thomas. (2015) Competitiveness in a Saturated Market. A Case Study of the Scottish Craft Beer Industry. International Journal of Business and Social Sciences 6 (8), pp. 28-46
- Zhang, Y., Topolanski, F. & Goodhow, W (2014) The perceptions of salient stakeholders on the conversion from ‘renewable obligations’ to ‘contract for differences’ in the UK low carbon energy sector. International Journal of Business and Social Sciences 5, 8(1), pp. 25-34
- Zhang, Y. (2013) Performance Appraisal in China. Lambert, Germany
- Zhang, Y. & Lovegrove, I. (2010) Performance Appraisal for Chinese State-owned Banking Industry, Journal of Organisational Transformation and Social Change 6 (3), pp. 189-200
- Zhang, Y. & Lovegrove, I. (2008) Performance Appraisal in Chinese State-owned Banking Industry. Conference Paper, Annual CEA conference, University of Cambridge, UK
- Lai, A. & Zhang, Y. (2004) Advanced English. Guangming Daily Publishing House