FAQs for postgraduates

I have changed my mind about the course I want to study. Can I change to another course?

This may be possible depending on whether places are still available, how competitive the new course is and whether your subjects and grade are suitable. If the course you wish to study is in the same area or department as your original one, there is a good chance you will be able to change. Please contact the Admissions office so we can advise and assist you.

What happens if I have applied for deferred entry?

If your offer is for deferred entry you must still satisfy all the conditions of your offer by 31 August (September entry)/mid-December (January entry). If you are successful in meeting those conditions or if your offer is already unconditional, a place will then be reserved for you to start the following academic year.

I no longer want to start my postgraduate course, who do I tell?

It's important to contact the Admissions team as soon as possible if you intend to withdraw your application. 

What happens if I have problems during the exams? Will my circumstances be considered?

Sometimes there may be circumstances that arise which may have a serious impact on how you perform during your exams. If you have serious extenuating circumstances which had an impact on your performance please let us know so we can advise you further.

When do I need to send you proof of my qualifications?

If you're taking qualifications that are required for you to complete your conditions, it is your responsibility to ensure that your results reach us. You should send them to admissions@rau.ac.uk as soon as you receive them. Photocopies will need to be verified by your University.

  • The document must be signed and stamped by your institution
  • The signatory must also print their name and job title
  • If the qualifications/results are in a language other than English then a certified official translation of the original document must be submitted at the same time.

I changed my email address/contact address/telephone number. Do I need to let you know?

Yes, please contact Admissions as soon as possible. It is extremely important we hold the correct contact details for you.

Who do I need to contact if I would like to talk to someone about special support arrangements?

The University Disability Officer provides a range of services for students who have disabilities or medical conditions. If you could like to discuss anything, please email enable@rau.ac.uk or call 01285 652531.

I have some questions about the scholarships you offer, who can I contact for further information?

You can contact our Admissions team on 01285 889912 or email the Scholarships Administrator.