The Royal Agricultural University (RAU) is delighted to offer two undergraduate scholarships to attract and reward the brightest applicants from under-represented minority ethnic communities.
About the scholarship
- The award for two full-time students. It is worth £9,000 per annum per student, for a maximum of three years
- Part-time scholars will be awarded a pro rata percentage of the £9,000 divided between the numbers of years of study
- Paid in three instalments each year in Autumn, Spring and Summer
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be from an under-represented minority ethnic community and be UK students
- Be entering your first year of undergraduate study at RAU
- Have proven Academic excellence – to hold at least 104 UCAS tariff points if you are applying to the RAU for Agricultural and Land Management courses or 96 UCAS tariff points for Equine and Business courses
- Demonstrate passion for your subject area
- Evidence of leadership potential
An offer will be conditional on evidence of your academic excellence if predicted result are provided.
How do I apply?
- 2024-2025 scholarships and bursaries will open for application from February 2024
- Ask your referee to complete the online reference form or print and complete a PDF version of the reference form
- Please note that the referee should be your most recent school/university tutor or employer
- We are unable to accept references from family members
- Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a satisfactory reference
Deadline for applications
The scholarship is now closed to applications.
How will I know if I have been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, once a decision has been made and no later than mid-September 2023.
Criteria for continuation
- All Scholarship payments are made in three termly instalments and will be made direct to a nominated bank account
- Students in receipt of this award must pass each year of study at their first attempt
- Failure to comply with the above will result in the removal of the award for subsequent years
Terms and conditions
Further to the criteria above:
- Only one RAU-managed scholarship can be held at any one time
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee is based on the information provided on the application form and in the supporting references. The decision of the Committee is final
For further information, please email: email@example.com.