The RAU Sports Scholarships are awarded to undergraduate students with an outstanding ability in an elite sport to assist their development and raise the profile of the University through their sporting endeavours.
About the scholarship
- The award is worth up to a maximum of £3,000 for one year only, but re-applications for each year of study are welcomed
- Part-time scholars will be awarded a pro rata percentage of the award divided between the numbers of years of study
- Amount of award dependent on level of attainment i.e. National or International – £1,500 for national participation and £3,000 for international participation
- Paid in three instalments – Autumn, Spring and Summer
Criteria and eligibility
- UK and overseas students
- Attainment at National or International level of sport
- Commitment to promoting the University’s profile through participation in sporting endeavours and competition
- Prepared to offer encouragement and coaching to RAU sports teams
How do I apply?
- Please apply using the online application form
- Ask your referee to complete the online reference form or print and complete a PDF version of the reference form
- Please note that the referee should be your most recent school/university tutor, sports coach or employer
- We are unable to accept references from family members
- Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a satisfactory reference
Deadline for applications
All applications must be received by 1 May 2023.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, once a decision has been made and no later than end-May 2023.
Criteria for award continuation
- Students in receipt of this award must pass each year of study at their first attempt
- Successful applicants will be expected to engage with University News
- Failure to comply with the above will result in the removal of the award for subsequent years
Terms and conditions
Further to the criteria above:
- Only one RAU-managed scholarship can be held at any one time
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee is based on the information provided on the application form and in the supporting references. The decision of the Committee is final
For further information, please email: email@example.com.