Every year the RAU welcomes students from across Asia who come to the UK to receive a world-class education. The International Team at RAU are always keen to help and support International students seeking education opportunities in the UK.
At the RAU we offer a variety of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programmes.
The RAU holds a Student Visa Sponsor License No: VT0Q9ERW3.
Fees & Scholarships
Standard international tuition fees apply for most of our courses but there are some that may vary. For more details on standard and non-standard fees visit our undergraduate fee and postgraduate fee pages.
You can also check your chosen course page to see if a non-standard fee applies to your course. Find the course page by searching our undergraduate course and postgraduate course listings.
The Royal Agricultural University offers a number of scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across a range of subject areas. In addition to this, a number of external organisations grant awards which may be of interest to RAU applicants.
Please click for details of the funding opportunities available to international undergraduate students.
Please click for details of the funding opportunities available to international postgraduate students.
International Foundation Year
We run an International Foundation Year programme in partnership with our partner, INTO London World education Centre based in London.
To enquire about the programme please get in touch with our admissions team: email@example.com
Undergraduate Degrees (Bachelors)
- Successful completion of Kotogakko Year 3
- Associate Degree from a recognised Japanese University
- Completion of first year of a four year degree course at a recognised Japanese university with minimum CGPA of 3.0
- Completion of International Foundation Year
- IELTS band score 6.0 overall or above with no less than 5.5 in each component of the 'academic' IELTS test. (The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course)
- Academic transfers to RAU into Years 2 and 3 are possible
GDA / GCA
- IELTS band score 6.0 overall and no less than 6.0 in each of the components of the ‘academic’ IELTS test. (The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course)
Postgraduate Taught Degrees
- Successful completion of a 4 year's Bachelor’s degree (Gakushi) with 2:1 upper second degree
- IELTS band score 6.5 overall or above with no less than 5.5 in each component of the 'academic' IELTS test. (The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course)
Postgraduate Research Degrees
- Bachelors degree with a minimum of a second class
- IELTS band score of minimum 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in Writing and no less than 5.5 in any other component. (The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course)
UK Visas and immigration
Students from Japan would normally require a visa for studying in the UK. For further information and guidance visit:
Preparing for your studies in the UK
- English language test information
- The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA)
- To assess and compare your current qualifications, UK ENIC
- #We Are International - Support for International Students applying to study in the UK
- Prepare for Success
Applying to the RAU
All students intending to study an undergraduate degree in the UK are required to apply through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). To learn more about UCAS, application deadlines and the support we provide to help you make your application see:
You can apply for postgraduate taught and research programmes directly to us via our online application form. These forms can be found on the relevant postgraduate course pages:
Our international team regularly travels to countries around the world, attending conventions and fairs and visiting schools and colleges. For further information and to view upcoming trips, visit our international events page.
Representatives in your country
We work with a small number of approved international representatives who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Please email us if you would like to contact a country representative: firstname.lastname@example.org.