Every year the RAU welcomes students from across Europe who come to the UK to receive a world-class education. The International Team at RAU are always keen to help and support International students seeking educational opportunities in the UK.

At the RAU we offer a variety of Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research programmes.

The RAU holds a Stsudent Visa Sponsor License No: VT0Q9ERW3

Fees & Scholarships 

Tuition fees

Standard international tuition fees apply for most of our courses but there are some that may vary. For more details on standard and non-standard fees visit our undergraduate fee and postgraduate fee pages.

You can also check your chosen course page to see if a non-standard fee applies to your course. Find the course page by searching our undergraduate course and postgraduate course listings.


The Royal Agricultural University offers a number of scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across a range of subject areas. In addition to this, a number of external organisations grant awards which may be of interest to RAU applicants. 

Please click for details of the funding opportunities available to international undergraduate students.

Please click for details of the funding opportunities available to international postgraduate students.

Entry Requirements 

Entry requirements will vary from course to course and the information on this page is only intended to be a general guide. For individual course requirements, please refer to the course pages.

International Foundation Year

We run an International Foundation Year programme in partnership with our partner, INTO London World education Centre based in London.  

To enquire about the programme please get in touch with our admissions team:

English language courses

Students wishing to pursue an English Language programme in the UK prior to commencing their academic programme at the Royal Agricultural University can do so with our partner INTO, based in London.

For further information please get in touch with our admissions team:

Undergraduate (Bachelors degree)

Applicants with Zeugnis der Allgemeinen Hochschulreife / Abitur will be considered for entry to undergraduate courses at the RAU.

Typically we would ask:
for BCC = Overall minimum 3 Befriedigend
for CCC = Overall minimum 3.1 - 3.3
for CCD = Overall minimum 3.3 - 3.5
for CD = Overall minimum 3.5 - 3.6

Applicants with Fachgebundene Hochschulreife / Fachhochschulreife in relevant subject areas to the programme of study will be considered for undergraduate study usually in Foundation degree programmes. Please contact

Alternatively, International Baccalaureate min. 26 points, A-levels or USA or other international equivalent qualifications for Bachelor degree programmes.

Foundation degree programmes:

International Baccalaureate min.24 points, A/AS levels or equivalent international qualifications. Alternatively, applicants with AS/A levels, IB or US qualifications please see relevant pages.

N.B.  Hauptschulabschluss (Year 10 results) Realschulabschluss / Mittlere Reife / Mittlerer Schulabschluss / Erweiterter Realschulabschluss / Fachoberschulreife / Sekundarabschluss 1 is considered comparable to GCSE (grades A*-C/9-4) for every subject passed where grades obtained are 1-4.

IELTS and other accepted English language qualifications

  • English taken as Hauptfach / Leistungskurs / Kurs mit erhöhtem Anforderungsniveau mark of 10/ gut obtained can be accepted as equivalent of GCSE A*-C/1-4
  • or, IELTS Academic band score 6.0 overall or above with no less than 5.5 in each component of the ‘academic’ IELTS test. The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course

Transfer into Year 2 or Year 3:

Academic transfers to RAU into Years 2 and 3 are possible. Contact to find out more.

Postgraduate Taught (MSc and MBA)

Typically we accept the following qualifications as equivalent to an Honours degree:

Bachelor / Erste Staatsprüfung (Primarstufe / Sekundarstufe I)  / Fachhochschuldiplom / Diplom (FH) / Zeugnis über den Zweiten Abschnitt der Ärztlichen Prüfung/
For a 2:1 = Min. 2.3 overall
For a 2:2 = Min. 3 overall

Magister Artium/Diploma (awarded before 2002)
For a 2:1 = Sehr Gut*, Gut
For a 2:2 = Befriedigend, Genuegend

IELTS and other accepted English language qualifications

  • IELTS band score 6.5 overall or above with no less than 5.5 in each component of the ‘academic’ IELTS test. The test must have been taken within 2 years of the start of the course

Postgraduate Research

  • For entry to the MSc by Research applicants are expected to hold the equivalent of a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree (2:1). See Postgraduate Taught entry criteria above for equivalent German qualifications
  • For entry to a PhD programme we would require applicants to hold a Master’s degree

Mature candidates with significant relevant work experience and lower academic qualifications may also be considered for entry, following personal interview.

IELTS and other accepted English language qualifications

  • IELTS (Academic) band score of min. 6.5 overall with no less than 6.0 in Writing and no less than 5.5 in any other component. The test must have been taken within two years of the start of the course

UK Visas and immigration

Student from Germany will now require a visa for studying in the UK. For further information and guidance visit: 

Preparing for your studies in the UK

Applying to the RAU


All students intending to study an undergraduate degree in the UK are required to apply through UCAS (the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service). To learn more about UCAS, application deadlines and the support we provide to help you make your application see:


You can apply for postgraduate taught and research programmes directly to us via our online application form. These forms can be found on the relevant postgraduate course pages:


Meet us

Our international team regularly travels to countries around the world, attending conventions and fairs and visiting schools and colleges. For further information and to view upcoming trips, visit our international events page

Representatives in your country

We work with a small number of approved international representatives who can help you apply and enrol on your chosen programme. Please email us if you would like to contact a country representative: