Discover what it is like to live and study at the RAU.
This three day residential taster course for 16-17 year olds (i.e. year 12 or equivalent) is designed to give you the opportunity to explore our friendly campus and get a taste of what it is like to live and study with us. You will stay in student accommodation, attend sample lectures, take part in fun practical activities and get lots of information and advice about coming to university. The sessions will be tailored towards your main subject of interest, whether that’s agriculture and environment, real estate and land management, equine or business.
When is it?
17 - 19 August 2021.
How much does it cost?
The course is completely free! This includes free accommodation and meals. Priority places will be offered to students who also meet one or more of the following additional criteria:
- Live in a UK postcode identified as having low progression to higher education (i.e. POLAR4 Q1 or Q2, to check eligibility please email email@example.com)
- Currently attend a state school or college (i.e. not a grammar school or independent school)
- Currently/have been in local authority care
- From an ethnic group under-represented at the RAU (i.e. Black, Asian and mixed backgrounds featuring one of these groups)
- Have a parent/guardian currently serving in the UK Armed Forces.
Where is it held?
The Royal Agricultural University, Stroud Road, Cirencester GL7 6JS
How do I get to the RAU?
You will need to organise and cover the costs of your own transport to and from the RAU. To support this, we’re happy to provide a free pick up service from our closest train station, Kemble. If you are struggling to cover the costs of your travel please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. You can find further information about how to find the RAU on our website.
How do I apply?
Applications are now closed.