RAU Sports Scholarships
These scholarships are awarded to students with outstanding ability in a particular sport to assist their development and to raise the profile of the University through their sporting endeavours.
About the scholarship
There is a maximum of five awards available for 2019 entry.
Each scholarship will be worth a maximum of £3,000.
The specific aims of the sports scholarships are to:
- Recruit talented sportsmen and women to study at the Royal Agricultural University
- Assist those students to achieve their full sporting potential alongside their studies
- Enable the sports scholars to help raise the profile of the University through their sporting and academic endeavours
- Enhance the achievements of University sports teams as far as is reasonable through participation, representation or other forms of encouragement.
Scholarships are available (on adjudication) to sportsmen and women who compete (at least) at the county level or equivalent (this standard will vary from sport to sport). Scholars should be committed to representing the University and/or be working with the University to achieve the aims of the sports scholarship scheme.
Each scholarship will be available for the duration of the student’s studies whilst at the University, subject to a satisfactory annual review. Influencing factors for renewal of the scholarship each year will include levels of participation within the University sports teams, the external profiling achieved through such participation, and the scholar's own personal achievements in both sporting and academic arenas.
The University will, as far as is reasonable, help the successful Scholars to actively promote the University in the context of their scholarship.
Deadline for applications
This scholarship is now closed for applications.
How will I know if my application has been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, whether successful or unsuccessful, once a decision has been made and no later than 31 August 2019.
Criteria for award continuation
Students in receipt of a sports scholarship must pass each year of study at their first attempt and provide a brief report to the University on their sporting and academic achievements during the previous year by 30 June each year. Failure to do so will result in the removal of the award for subsequent years.
Terms and conditions
- Those studying on a part-time basis will be awarded a pro rata percentage of any award divided between the numbers of years of study
- This scholarship is available only to those students who meet the eligibility criteria specified above
- Successful applicants will be expected to write a brief illustrative report, to be submitted to the University, by 30 June each year
- Only one RAU-managed scholarship can be held at any one time
- Students who fail and are required to re-sit or re-study one or more modules will forego any further support
- Students who are unable, for whatever reason, to support the RAU in the objectives of raising the profile of sport, will forego their entitlement to any future award continuation
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice.
For further information, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.