Senior Lecturer in Agri-food Business.
- Dean of the School of Agriculture 2010 - 2014
- Assistant and Deputy Dean 2005-2010
- Membership of senior management committees
- Former Staff Governor
- Senior Academic Consultant
Consultancy and other academic activity
- PhD supervision and external examining.
- Extensive programme and curriculum development.
- Academic Institutional Review panel work and Developmental Engagement
- International lecture tours – pig nutrition science (Brazil, USA, Canada)
- International conference presentations
- DEFRA contract – pig welfare – transport methodology study with University of Bristol
- Vice-President, European Association of Animal Production (EAAP) -Pig Commission – annual chairing of sessions / conference organisation responsibility and paper contribution.
- Barbados – commercial pig production consultancy (British Council funded).
- Course Director – Iraqi Feed Industry Personnel Professional Training with FAO and International Feed Industry Federation (IFIF 2006)
- Invited paper for FAO conference “Future Trends and Development in Poultry nutrition. Bangkok, 2007.
- UNESCO consultancy in Libya (2005) development of agricultural course and curriculum content.
- UNESCO consultancy in Nigeria (2008) development of agricultural course and curriculum content.
- Consultancy in Mozambique (2009) African Century Company funded- improving the commercial efficiency of broiler production investment operations.
- Expert witness work
- Qingdao Agricultural University programmes,
- Shandong Agricultural University programmes.
- Principal Lecturer in livestock science and production
- Subject specialisms in science–nutrition, performance physiology
- Species production specialisms – pigs and poultry
- Human nutrition, health and society
- Soon, J.M., Davies, W.P., Chadd, S.A. and Baines, R.N. (2012). A Delphi-based approach to developing and validating a farm food safety risk assessment tool by experts. Expert Systems with Applications, 39 (9), 8325–8336.
- Soon, J.M., Baines, R.N., Davies, W.P. and Chadd, S.A. (2011). Malaysia’s fresh produce farms: Are we ready for HACCP? Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on ‘Improving the Performance of Supply Chains in Transitional Economies’. Eds. P.J Batt and N.M. Nawi. ISHS Commission on Economics and Management. Acta Horticulturae. 895: 269-275.
- Soon,J.M.,Chadd S.A. and Baines, R.N. (2011) Eschericia coli 0157:H7 in beef cattle: on farm contamination and pre-slaughter control methods. Animal Health Research Reviews 1-15.
- Soon, J.M., Davies, W.P., Chadd, S.A. and Baines, R.N. (2011). Development of farm food safety-risk assessment tool for fresh produce farms. Journal of Food Protection. 74 (Suppl. A), 34.
- Soon, J.M., Davies, W.P., Chadd, S.A. and Baines, R.N. (2011). Farm Food Safety Training Materials for Fresh Produce Farm and Pack-house Workers. Poster 01. Presentation at IAFP European Symposium on Food Safety. Ede, The Netherlands. May.
- Soon, J. M., Davies, W.P., Chadd, S.A. and Baines, R.N. (2011). Development of Farm Food Safety Risk Assessment Tool for Fresh Produce Farms. Presentation at 100th IAFP Annual Meeting and Conference. Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA. August.
- Janik,I.,Hill,B.,Martin,H. and Chadd, S.A. (2009). Milk particulates and animal health :mastitis in dairy cows. Applied Aspects of Aerobiology. Aspects of Applied Biology. 89.
- Chadd,S.A. (2008) Future trends and developments in poultry nutrition. In Poultry in the 21st Century: Avian Influenza and Beyond. UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) International Poultry Conference. Bangkok, Thailand.
- Baines, R.N., Davies, W. P, Chadd, S. A. Manning, L., and Gregson, J. (2007) Deliberate contamination of modern food supply chains and the value of quality assurance schemes. Proceedings of the UN Food & Agriculture Organisation International Symposium on ‘Improving Fresh Produce Supply Chain Management’ December 2006, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Manning L., Baines R.N., and Chadd S.A., (2007) "Quality Assurance: A study of the primary poultry producers’ perspective", British Food Journal, Vol. 109, No. 4, pp. 291-304.
- Manning L., Chadd S.A., and Baines R.N. (2007), "Key health and welfare indicators for broiler production", World Poultry Science Journal Vol. 63, (March 2007) pp. 47-62.
- Manning L., Baines R.N., and Chadd S.A. (2007), "Benchmarking the poultry meat supply chain", Benchmarking: An International Journal Vol. 15, No. 2-3 2008. pp. 148-165 Emerald Group Publishing.
- Manning L., Baines R.N., and Chadd S.A. (2007), "Trends in the global poultry meat supply chain”, British Food JournalVol. 108, No. 5, pp. 332-342.
- Manning L., Chadd S.A., and Baines R.N. (2007), "Water consumption in broiler chicken: a welfare indicator", World Poultry Science Journal Vol. 63. (March 2007) pp. 63-71
- Manning L., Baines R.N., and Chadd S.A. (2006), "Quality Assurance Models in the food supply chain", British Food JournalVol. 108, No. 2, pp. 91-104.
- Manning L., Baines R.N., and Chadd S.A. (2006), "Ethical modelling of the food supply chain", British Food Journal, Vol. 108, No. 5, pp. 358-370.
- Manning L., Baines R.N., and Chadd S.A. (2006), "Food safety management in broiler meat production", British Food Journal, Vol. 108, No. 8, pp. 605-621.
- Brown, S.N, Knowles, T.G, Wilkins,L.J., Chadd, S.A., Warriss, P.D (2005) The response of pigs being loaded or unloaded onto commercial animal transporters using three systems. The Veterinary Journal, 170, 91-100
- Manning L., Baines R.N., and Chadd S.A. (2005), "Deliberate contamination of the food supply chain", British Food Journal, Vol. 107, No. 4, pp. 225-245.
- Warriss, P.D,, Brown, S.N, Knowles, T.G, Wilkins,L.J, Pope, S.J., Chadd, S.A., Kettlewell,P.J, Green, N.R (2006)Comparison of the effects of fan-assisted and natural ventilation of vehicles on the welfare of pigs being transported to slaughter. Veterinary Record, 158, 585-588.
- Chadd, S.A (2004) Mycotoxicological challenges to European animal production: A review. Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the European Association of Animal Production, 262. (Abst). Bled Slovenia.
- Chadd, S.A (2003) The characteristics and attempted control of post-weaning multisystemic wasting syndrome (PMWS) and porcine dermatitis and nephropathy syndrome (PDNS) in European pig herds – a review. The Pig Veterinary Journal,51. 13-25
- Chadd, S.A. Davies, W. P and Koivisto, J.M (2002) Practical production of protein for Food Animals. In Protein Sources for the Animal Feed Industry, 99-166. UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), Rome.