The MacRobert Trust fund awards to the Armed Forces and Education with a particular interest in Agriculture and Sustainability. The trust is delighted to offer this undergraduate and postgraduate scholarship, for two students per year, with strong connections to the Armed Forces.
About the scholarship
- The award for full-time students, who are new to the RAU, is worth £1,000 for one year. We also consider undergraduate students returning as postgraduates
- Part-time scholars will be awarded a pro rata percentage of the £1,000 for one year
- Paid in three instalments each year in Autumn, Spring and Summer
To be eligible for this bursary, you must:
- Be either an armed forces service leaver, the partner or child of someone currently serving in the armed forces or are currently in the UK armed forces yourself
- Demonstrate passion for your subject area
- Evidence of leadership potential
How do I apply?
- 2024-2025 scholarships and bursaries will open for application from February 2024
- Ask your referee to complete the online reference form
- Please note that the referee should be your most recent school/university tutor or employer
- We are unable to accept references from family members
- Please supply evidence of your forces connection if required to do so
- Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a satisfactory reference
Deadline for applications
Applications for 2023 have now closed.
How will I know if I have been successful?
All applicants will be informed in writing of the outcome, once a decision has been made and no later than mid September 2023.
Criteria for continuation
All payments are made in three termly instalments and will be made direct to a nominated bank account.
Terms and conditions
Further to the criteria above:
- Only one RAU-managed scholarship can be held at any one time
- The RAU endeavours to ensure that this information is correct. However, the RAU accepts no legal liability for errors or omissions and reserves the right to make changes without notice
- The decision of the Scholarship Committee is based on the information provided on the application form and in the supporting references. The decision of the Committee is final
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org.